Monday, March 23, 2015
Unbroken: Pride
I like living, it's the one thing im pretty confident I know how to do. Eat, drink, sleep, look left and right when crossing the road, and stranger danger. Pretty simple I think, and thats one of the reasons I don't really understand the warrior mindset that was present before and during World War 2. Romeo and Juliet showcased this with all of its male characters, who would rather die with honor than to live with shame, which is just bizarre to me. I think if someone called me out in a McDonald's, I think my parents would be more proud if I just let it go than pick a fight with them, they are probably wrong anyways, your never too old for the ball pit. Louie in Unbroken is a really strong person who is a great role model. I find it strange that Louie would rather take daily beatings rather than just not defy the guard. Maybe he didn't think he was getting out of the camp, or maybe its just his character he never seemed to like authority, much like his hate for his commander who told him to fly the faulty plane, but I think it's more than that. His pride really controls his judgement and I think that's just in some people's nature. The kamikaze pilots who flew for the Japanese are a real mystery, they were kind of bred for a good 16 years to kill themselves in a losing effort, rather than live for their country to continue to fully understand their situation and maybe even bring some good to the world, they voluntarily end their own life for such a stupid purpose. It's not really the soldiers who are starting the war, they follow a person who has more control than them, and decides who gets to die and who gets to live, and this is someone who doesn't see the war effort first hand. Living is the one think I somewhat understand, it seems harder to life, than to die.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment