Maze runner starts off very slow, it takes a little while to clue you in on whats happening , even though the people in the book don't know themselves. Most books have a slow beginning, like Unbroken, they have to try to get you engaged in the story before they get the action going. The story of Maze runner seems interesting, even though I really only know that they are stuck in a maze with stuff that can kill you. The thing that annoys me in books like this is that, out of so many people who are in the same situation, only one person is curious about the whole thing and is willing to change it. The plot of the book seems really wierd and cool, I could never imagine how this book will keep the reader interested, and that's what pulls me back to read it. I feel like you can only go so far before the book just becomes stupid and illogical, and so far it seems like the book isn't doing that.
The characters are pretty usual there's the loveable kid Chuck, the sidekick Newt , the leader/mentor Alby, and the big bad bully Gally, and of course the hero Thomas. Most of the teen books have this kind of set-up, along with a love interest.
This book has a real "Lost" vibe, everyone wants to know why they are where they are, and the natives just really don't want them to find out why. Hopefully it doesn't fall off like that show, I honestly don't know what happended after the 4th season, despite watching it two times. It just got, well, stupid and illogical.However, I have high hopes.
No comments:
Post a Comment